Honorata appointed first Keynote Speaker at Polish Green Building Symposium
Changing places, changing lives – this is the theme of 11th PLGBC Green Building Symposium. The agenda includes 4 strategic thematic sessions, including lectures, case studies and discussion panels, as well as additional activities. The most influential event of the green building industry in Poland will take place on 7th October in the sustainable space of Sound Garden Hotel in the Business Garden complex in Warsaw.
PLGBC Green Building Symposium is the most recognized and influential international conference dedicated to the green building industry in Poland. This day-long event is an opportunity to learn about best practices in sustainable construction, share knowledge and experiences, and inspire action to address the biggest challenges the building sector faces. . This year PLGBC Green Building Symposium will be held for the first time in a hybrid form, as an in-person event with live online streaming.
How can we shape spaces and change lives?
Humanity has reached a turning point. Climate change and the COVID-19 pandemic urged us to change our approaches, search for new solutions and innovations and take joint actions. The four thematic sessions of the Symposium will address these issues and will help to find the answers.
This year’s PLGBC Green Building Symposium will feature excellent speakers, innovative solutions, new knowledge and selected case studies related to sustainable construction in four inspiring thematic sessions.
Keynote Speakers at the event include:
- Honorata Grzesikowska, Guallart Architects
- Olga Malinkiewicz, PhD, Saule Technologies
- Pavel Podruh, Czech Sustainable Houses
- Joanna Remiszewska-Michalak, PhD, Atmospheric Physicist
- Darius Reznek, Karres en Brands
- Eco Young Trendsetter – Marcin Wojciech Żebrowski, Urbcast – podcast about cities & Urban 10 collective.
On the agenda:
- SESSION 1. HEALTHY BUILDINGS, HEALTHY COMMUNITIES. HEALTH & WELLBEING
We need new spaces, combining knowledge, engagement, passion and vision for the future. A green building dream. Health and wellbeing must be considered at every stage of a building’ life cycle.
- SESSION 2. PERFORMANCE AND PEOPLE. RESILIENCE
The decisions we make today and the investments we initiate will shape the future we rebuild. We are facing a pandemic, we must choose to support a more resilient, sustainable future. Sustainable Buildings for Everyone, Everywhere.
- SESSION 3. RACE TO ZERO. NET ZERO CARBON
To achieve climate neutrality, Polish construction market must undergo a transformation process. It is necessary to change the approach to production of materials, design, construction process and use of energy sources. How to integrate the value chain with the decarbonization of construction sector.
- SESSION 4: CLIMATE COOPERATION. FINANCING AND DEVELOPMENT
The world needs inspiration and proof that inclusive, rapid and large-scale change is possible to achieve a net zero carbon within the timeframe set.
The event also includes additional activities, such as:
– Virtual Partner Zone, where you can learn more about the projects, solutions and technologies in the event partners’ portfolios,
– Change Game, a climate game developed by Climate-KIC and Italian CMCC Foundation,
– A virtual photo exhibition of the winners of the Grand Press Photo 2021 competition in the Environment and Photojournalism categories,
– PLGBC Green Building Tour in the sustainable Business Garden complex in Warsaw the next day,
– Virtual Participant Package, which in addition to presentations and recordings will include dedicated thematic materials,
– #PLGBCsymposium playlist.
For the first time, the carbon footprint of the event will be calculated and presented.
At the event we will announce of the results of the PLGBC Green Building Awards 2021.
PLGBC Green Building Symposium is supported by a number of recognized Partners and Patrons.
Strategic Partners: Arcadis, innogy Polska.
Supporting Partners: Aluprof, Grupa Górażdże, Helvar, Interface, Skanska, SMAY.
Partner – Climate neutrality: Sweco.
Partners: APA Group, Horizone Studio, Selena.
Honorary Patronage: World Green Building Council, Stowarzyszenie Architektów Polskich SARP.
Social Patronage: Habitat For Humanity Poland & ReStore.
Supporting Patrons: Towarzystwo Urbanistów Polskich, Climate-KIC, Scandinavian Polish Chamber of Commerce, Business Finland, British Polish Chamber of Commerce, Belgian Business Chamber,
IKEA Foundation, Polska Rada Centrów Handlowych, Instytut Innowacji i Odpowiedzialnego Rozwoju INNOWO, Polski Związek Firm Deweloperskich, Architekci Dla Klimatu, Kompas Inwestycji, Top Woman In Real Estate, #BuildingLife, Certyfikat ZIELONY DOM, Smarter Finance For Families, Build Upon2.
Media patronage: Architektura & Biznes, Teraz Środowisko, Real Estate Magazine, Build&Vent, InfoArchitekta.pl, ARCH_app, Investor Real Estate Expert, Nowl Eco, Sztuka-Architektury.pl, URBCAST.pl, BUILDER.
The event is organized by Polish Green Building Council (PLGBC), which since 2008 has been pursuing a mission to radically improve the design, construction and use of buildings in Poland so that sustainable construction becomes a standard.
For more information, agenda and registration, please visit https://symposium.plgbc.org.pl/